SAM Replacement Decal Policy (AKA Trail Pass)
1. Definitions. For purposes of this section, “issuing club” shall mean only the member club exclusive of any outside SAM membership sales agents; “Snowmobile” shall be any legal over-the-snow-vehicle.
2. Statement of purpose. This policy is intended to provide a fair method for providing for replacement of SAM membership decals in such a fashion that the individual member is not forced to pay duplicate SAM membership fees while still providing reasonable security against fraud. Notwithstanding the language of this policy, issuing clubs shall, absent any evidence of misrepresentation or attempts to misuse this policy, view favorably any replacement decal claim where it can be positively demonstrated that the member has a valid paid SAM membership.
3. Lost Decals. (a) To replace any lost decal, the member shall go back to the issuing club and present the member’s copy of the original SAM membership form (pink copy) as proof of membership. The issuing club shall retain the original pink copy and shall issue a new SAM membership form and decal for the same snowmobile for a fee of five dollars ($5.00). (b) In the event that the member’s copy is also lost the issuing club may, if it can demonstrate proof of SAM membership with its own copy of the original (yellow copy), issue a new SAM membership form and decal under the same terms. Such replacement shall be at the discretion of the issuing club.
4. Transfer Decals. To transfer a decal, the member shall go back to the issuing club and present as proof of SAM membership at least 50% of the original decal that must include the serial number in its entirety. The issuing club shall retain such portion of the original decal and shall issue a new SAM membership form and decal for a fee of five dollars ($5.00). No club shall transfer any decal to other than the original member. No member shall cause to be transferred or conveyed in any other manner their decal to any other person.
5. Stolen Decals. If a member’s snowmobile is stolen with their paid valid SAM membership decal attached, the member shall go back to the issuing club and present a copy of a police report or insurance claim for such snowmobile. The issuing club shall determine proof of SAM membership by receipt of the member’s original copy (pink copy) or by the club’s own copy of the original (yellow copy). Upon satisfaction of these requirements, the issuing club shall issue a new SAM membership form and decal for the replacement snowmobile for a fee of five dollars ($5.00).
6. Reporting. Any club that has issued replacement SAM membership form and decals pursuant to paragraphs three, four, and five above shall submit to SAM: (a) the original copy of the required proof of membership of the original SAM membership form; (b) the white SAM copy of the replacement together with payment in the amount of the full decal price or remaining unpaid balance; (c) a written statement describing the transaction including the reasons for replacement and a clearly printed re-statement of the member’s original SAM membership form information.
7. Fees. At the end of each season, every club that has issued replacement SAM membership and decals pursuant to this section shall be refunded the amount of the full decal price less five dollars ($5.00) for each such replacement.
8. Effective date. This policy shall be deemed to be effective as of September 1, 2003. Any club that has issued replacement decals between September 1, 2003 and the adoption of this policy shall be permitted to submit such replacements under the terms of this policy until September 1, 2004 or one month after adoption, whichever is later.